Do you find yourself In Crisis, at a place with no apparent solution for the problems life has placed on your back. As the problems bear down upon you there seems nothing anyone can do to relieve the situation? Open Arms has helped hundreds of people who just like you seemed to have no way out of their current situation. Contact Open Arms by visiting a Drop-in or calling 902-365-3665.
Open Arms is able to use its resources and the wealth of experience of its staff to help people In Crisis. Open Arms has many resources of its own but also good connections and knowledge of what is available and a tradition of advocacy on behalf of those In Crisis.
Aside from assisting people who find themselves in the unfortunate situation of being on the street, hungry or lonely, we also provide the following supports:
- Community Chaplaincy - Various spiritual programs are available for all who choose to come.
- S.A.F.E. House Program - Developing safe and affordable housing for people in transition. We currently operate three properties with a total of 16 rooms.
- Rural Food Delivery Program To Families in Crisis.
- Apartment Locating / transitional and permanent residence.
- Furniture Bank - Collection, storage and delivery of donated furniture.
- Breakfast Program - Breakfast is available six days each week at the Kentville Outreach with full meals provided Monday, Wednesday & Saturday evenings. The Community Soup Kitchen additionally provides full meals Tuesday & Thursday with Soup prepared, frozen and ready to serve at any time. More than 30,000 meals will be provided this year at Open Arms in Kentville alone and countless bowls of soup provided by Community Soup Kitchen and SOUP.